Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Ride passengers rescued after dangling upside down, 75 feet up, for half an hour

 In late September, 2023 passengers of a Canada’s Wonderland theme park ride were suspended upside down for approximately 30 minutes. It's unclear how many people were on the ride, which contains enough seats for 48 people. The ride came to a sudden halt at 10:40pm and the passengers were rescued and brought back down to the ground at 11:05pm. It was reported that 2 of the passengers were treated for chest pains before they were permitted to leave. The event was recorded by multiple witnesses and posted on multiple social media platforms, resulting in major attention being brought to the issue through TikTok.


This incident was initially brought to my attention via social media, and it scared yet intrigued me at the same time. The reason for this is due to my immense fear of rollercoasters, and I have this fear because of situations like this. Personally, I have very little faith that huge metal pieces of equiptment can spin, twist, turn, and fly upside down with no possibility of malfunction potentially leading to the death of someone. All of my friends thought I was crazy for thinking this because “experts built the rides” and “those things don't happen” but this case is a prime example of my fear being a possibility.






Published by Marisa Potts, December 1st, 2023

Originally written, 9;08 AM ET, September 25th, 2023, by Emily Olson

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/25/1201476062/wonderland-lumberjack-ride-stuck-canada




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sitting on a Story Blog

  Marisa Potts January 23rd, 2024 The blue playground beside the back gravel field at Upper Lynn Elementary 1. For this assignment I decided...